Feb 11, 2016
By Valerie Massie
We went to ten of “the Heavy Hitters” on Zoomer Radio, and asked each of them to come up with their favourite love song of all time. Once we had all ten, we ranked them in order of how they performed on the charts, and came up with the Top Ten Love Songs from your friends behind the microphones at Zoomer Radio.
Here they are, along with the person who picked the tune. At least 4 of these are people’s wedding songs!
10. THE BEST IS YET TO COME – Frank Sinatra (Dale Goldhawk)
9. LOVE THE ONE YOU’RE WITH – Stephen Stills (Norm Edwards)
8. I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU – The Flamingos (Brian Peroff)
7. MARRY ME – Train (Neil Hedley)
6. CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE, BABE – Barry White (Frank Proctor)
5. JUST THE WAY YOU ARE – Billy Joel (Bob Komsic)
4. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY LOVED A WOMAN – Bryan Adams (Eva D)
3. CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE – Elvis Presley (Gene Stevens)
2. YOU SEND ME – Sam Cooke (Robbie Lane)
1. (EVERYTHING I DO) I DO IT FOR YOU – Bryan Adams (Jane Brown)