Feb 28, 2019
By AM740 Staff
Spring has arrived but there’s still a bit of a chill out there! This recipe from Slowhand himself mixes the fresh mint and pea flavours of Spring with the warmth and comfort of hearty soup – perfect as we wait for those last little bits of snow to melt away….
With a simple list of ingredients and an even simpler list of directions to follow, Clapton’s split pea soup recipe is incredibly easy to make and looks delicious too! Best of all? It’s awesome hot or cold!
Eric Clapton’s Split Pea Soup
1 medium onion
1 small head lettuce
2 ounces butter
2 ½ pints chicken or vegetable stock
1 pound shelled (or frozen) peas
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
2 teaspoons curry powder (optional)
One third pint milk
1. Peel and chop the cucumber and onion.
2. Clean and chop the lettuce, mint, and parsley.
3. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add lettuce, cucumber, onion, mint and parsley.
4. Stir until the butter is absorbed.
5. Add stock, peas, sugar and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
7. Simmer until the peas are soft.
8. Pour into a blender and puree.
9. Add the curry powder, milk and reheat.