PATRICK BROWN GOES AFTER C-T-V NEWS OVER ALLEGATIONS THAT FORCED HIM OUT

Feb 25, 2018

By Bob Sheppard

Share on

Former Ontario P-C Party leader Patrick Brown is suing C-T-V News because of its report last month containing allegations of sexual misconduct. Brown has vigorously denied the accusations.

In a notice of libel filed on Friday, Brown says the reporting by C-T-V News was “False, Malicious, irresponsible and defamatory.

Along with the network, its parent company Bell Media and the president of C-T-V News, the suit also names news anchor Lisa LaFlamme and others who worked on the story.

The network says that it stands by its reporting, and plans to “actively defend its journalism in court.”

Shortly after the story broke, Brown resigned as party leader, and was forced out of party caucus.

He then surprised most of the party faithful by enterng the leadership race replace to replace him.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: