Mar 01, 2021
By Jane Brown
Prince Philip has been transferred to another hospital to continue treatment for an infection and a pre-existing heart condition.
Word from Buckingham Palace on Monday, the 99-year old husband of Queen Elizabeth II is now in London’s St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.
St. Bartholomew’s Hospital is a centre of excellence for cardiac care.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the private King Edward the 7th Hospital last month as what officials said at the time was a precautionary measure and not related to the pandemic.
Philip, who is the longest serving British consort, is said to be comfortable and responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.