TORONTO'S CAVALCADE OF LIGHTS WILL BE A WALK THROUGH EVENT WITH NO BIG GATHERING: MAYOR TORY

Nov 12, 2021

By Jane Brown

Share on

Toronto’s mayor is hinting at how the Cavalcade of Lights will be staged starting November 26th at Nathan Phillips Square.

John Tory says the pandemic is still very much on the mind of organizers, so people will be encouraged to walk through the spectacle, rather than gather at it.

“So you walk through in a small group with your family as opposed to gathering in a huge crowd,” Mayor Tory explained on Friday morning, “So, I think that’s a good hint as to what we’re doing, in terms of the approach we’re taking which is not to cancel these things again. I remember last year, I lit the Christmas tree and I was standing by myself in Nathan Phillips Square and I pushed a button, and it was all very dramatic, except I was the only one that got to see the drama, except on television.”

Mayor Tory says details on the Cavalcade of Lights are still to come but he says it will be a continuous light show with all kinds of LED lights and special effects, but no fireworks.

Zoomer Kids
You Don't Have To Be A Zoomer To Love Zoomer Radio.
Check out what the Kids have to say!
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: