Jun 06, 2014
By Jane Brown
Ontario’s P.C. Leader is accusing Liberal Premier Kathleen Wynne of deceiving voters during the leaders election debate the other night. Tim Hudak made his comments in Mississauga this morning after the OPP served a court order to staff at Queen’s Park yesterday to come up with all documents related to the cancellation of two gas plants before the last election.
“I stood in a room with Kathleen Wynne for our televised leaders debate. I was about four feet from her, and I saw her look into the camera and say that she’s different, she’s changed things, that she’ll reveal all documents and said she was sorry. This tells us that they weren’t revealing all documents, and if you say you’re sorry and it keeps happening again, you’re trying to get elected and you don’t really mean it.” Hudak went on to say he will be the premier to clean up this mess. He promises to call a judicial inquiry into the gas plants scandal within the first 100 days if he’s elected on Thursday.
The OPP earlier seized 24 computer hard drives from the premier’s office and determined some had been wiped clean of data during the transition of power from former premier Dalton McGuinty to Wynne.
NDP Leader Andrea Horwath says the police visit to the legislature yesterday is another reminder of why Ontario needs a change of government on June 12th.
Kathleen Wynne responded this morning to this latest development. “The OPP has a job to do and no one should be surprised that they’re doing it. It’s important work and it should continue, and we know that it is continuing,” Wynne explained while on a stop in Newmarket, “It has not involved or affected anyone in my office, in my cabinet, or in our caucus.” Wynne says she and her government have been open and transparent on the matter of the gas plant relocations.