Oct 25, 2016
By Andy Johnson
The agency that administered the first online literacy test for more than 140-thousand Ontario high school students blames last week’s outage on an intentional, malicious and sustained cyber attack.
Richard Jones, Director of Assessment for The Education Quality and Accountability Office, says the network hosting the voluntary online test was targeted by an extremely large volume of traffic from a vast set of IP addresses around the globe.
The test was a technical trial run before the first official test scheduled for next March and the EQAO says it’s confident that student assessments can successfully be administered online.