TPA POLL FINDS MOST RESPONDENTS HAVE 'NO CONFIDENCE' IN CHIEF

Feb 22, 2018

By Bob Komsic

Share on
The results of an online vote show the majority of Toronto Police Association members who took part have ‘no confidence’ in Chief Mark Saunders.
(Rene Johnston/Toronto Star)
A total of 48% of the approximately 8,000 uniformed and civilian members voted.
86% of those who responded say they don’t have confidence in the chief, while the other 14% say they do.
The TPA cited Saunders ”ineffective leadership, lack of communication skills and failure to take responsibility” as reasons for the vote, which comes as the battle continues over the modernization of the police service.
Association President Mike McCormack says he wants a chief who looks out for the safety of officers and the public.
(Cheol Joon Baek/NOW)
”If Mark Saunders can be that guy, great,” said McCormack, adding it’s not about forcing Saunders out but rather a call to action. 
The police services board issued a statement saying it supports the chief.
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: