FORD GOVT PARTIALLY BACKTRACKS ON HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SIZES

Oct 24, 2019

By Bob Komsic

Share on
The province has announced it’s proposing to lower class sizes in an effort to reach a contract agreement with the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation.
Education Minister Stephen Lecce says the government’s offer would see secondary school class sizes reduced from 28 to 25.
That would still be three more than the level in place before the government announced education reforms in March.
Meanwhile, in a statement, the president of the OSSTF says the proposal it’s received is ”worse” the government’s original plan. 
Harvey Bischof says a class size of 25 would still mean the loss of roughly 5,000 teachers.
The OSSTF announced earlier this month that it would hold strike votes until November 15th. 
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: