Feb 28, 2020
By Andy Johnson
Opera legend Placido Domingo has amended his apology for sexual misconduct from “I’m sorry” to “I’m sorry but…”
Earlier this week, the 79-year old Spanish tenor said he was truly sorry for the hurt that he’d caused several women who accused him of that misconduct, accepted full responsibility and said he’d grown from the experience.
However, yesterday he tried to correct what he called the “false impression” he gave with his apology; adding he never behaved aggressively toward anyone and never did anything to to obstruct or hurt anyone’s career.
The union representing opera performers in the U.S said its investigation found Domingo did behave inappropriately while holding senior management positions at the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera.