OMBUDSMAN TO INVESTIGATE GOVERNMENT'S HANDLING OF CARE HOME CRISIS

Jun 01, 2020

By Gavin Day

Share on

Last week’s Canadian Forces report into 5 long term care homes in the province painted a disturbing picture into the state of long term care during the COVID-19 pandemic.

That’s spurred the Ontario Ombudsman to launch an investigation into the Ford Government’s handling of the crisis.

Paul Dube’s office released a statement saying: “The investigation will focus on whether the oversight of long-term care homes by those ministries during the coronavirus crisis is adequate to ensure the safety of residents and staff.”

Included in the report were instances of bug infestations and patients crying for help with staff not responding for hours.

Premier Doug Ford said he welcomes the investigation.

“I need answers. I want answers,” said Ford at Queen’s Park today. “We’re going to get this fixed. I talked to one politician who said this has been going back all the day to Bill Davis (Premier from 197-1985). It isn’t one party per se but I can tell you one thing, we will fix it.”

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: