"DO SOMETHING" SAYS SEIU HEALTHCARE PRESIDENT TO FORD TORIES OVER COVID OUTBREAK AT WOODBRIDGE LTC HOME

Jun 01, 2020

By Jane Brown

Share on

There is a call for the governing Progressive Conservatives at Queen’s Park to take over a Woodbridge long term care home, where 18 COVID-19 positive patients have been transferred to hospitals outside of York Region.

SEIU Healthcare president Sharleen Stewart says her members, all front line healthcare workers, have been reporting serious concerns about the situation at Woodbridge Vista Care Community. She says it’s time for the government to take over the home, as they did last week for 5 other nursing homes hit by COVID-19.

Joanne Dykeman is executive vice president of operations at Sienna Senior Living, which owns Woodbridge Vista Care, and says the patients were moved because the level of care they need exceeded what could be provided at the home.

According to York Region Public Health, the outbreak at Woodbridge Vista Care began May 7th.

Of the 85 residents at the home who’ve tested positive for COVID-19, 17 have died.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: