TORONTO MAY NOT ENTER ORANGE ZONE SATURDAY, DECISION TO BE ANNOUNCED TUESDAY

Nov 10, 2020

By Jane Brown

Share on

There are indications from both Mayor John Tory and Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Eileen de Villa, that Toronto will not be going to the orange zone of restrictions this Saturday, as was the original plan.
The orange zone would see indoor dining and gyms reopen with a limit of 50 people inside, and no more than 4 to a table inside bars and restaurants.
But with a record 483 daily cases of COVID-19 in the city announced Monday, the mayor wants to do whatever is necessary now to curb the spread.
“We are speaking to the province about what can be done and we’re also carefully reviewing action taken by other jurisdictions across Canada including in Peel Region,” Tory explained on Monday, “What has been clear in our discussions so far is that an enhanced suite of measures is likely needed to arrest the spread of the virus and turn the trends we are seeing back in the right direction.”

“The case counts in Toronto do not point us toward fewer restrictions on our ability to come into contact with each other,” Dr. Eillen de Villa said Monday.
Mayor Tory says he’ll have more to say Tuesday on possible further restrictions.
Indoor dining, gyms, fitness centres and movie theatres are currently closed in Toronto.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: