C-N-E LOSSES EXPECT TO HIT OVER $1 MILLION

Aug 22, 2018

By Christine Ross

Share on

The lockout at the CNE is having an impact on ticket sales.

In a letter to the city, the CEO of the annual summer fair says they expect to lose $1.5 million this year. Virginia Ludy says some people don’t feel comfortable crossing the picket line. Her letter came the same day as city council held a special behind-closed-door meeting to get an update as the stalemate continues between the two sides. 400 technical and staging workers have been picketing outside the Ex grounds after being locked out by the Exhibition Place Board last month.  Union spokesman Justin  Anthenus says replacement workers from outside Ontario were brought in ahead of the CNE.  Mayor John Tory says he wants a fair deal for both sides.   The locked out construction, lighting and special affects workers are responsible for part of the Exhibition  set up.  As a result of the pickets, another popular festival, “Just For Laughs”  is changing venues to Soctiabank Arena and Winter Garden Theatre.

Zoomer Kids
You Don't Have To Be A Zoomer To Love Zoomer Radio.
Check out what the Kids have to say!
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: