MEDICAL EXAMINER: PRINCE DIED OF ACCIDENTAL FENTANYL OVERDOSE

Jun 02, 2016

By Bob Komsic

Share on
A single page report from a Minnesota medical examiner says music icon Prince died of a ”self-administered fentanyl,” overdose.
The report comes more than a month after the 57-year-old entertainer was was found at his Minneapolis-area estate.
prince-at-much-music.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox
Investigators have been trying to determine if Prince died of an overdose and if a doctor had prescribed anything in the weeks before his death.
Legal experts say the finding could make the prospect of criminal charges more likely.
They point out that while it has medical applications, it’s frequently associated with illegal trafficking.
One lawyer not linked to the cases says categorizing the death as accidental indicates only that it was not intentional, but that it does not preclude charges if the fentanyl was supplied illegally.
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: