Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 21 and 22, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss buying mattresses and bedding online with Adarsh Shah, spousal support during Covid-19 with Daniel Dominitz, the natural treatment of IBS with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and spices 101 with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen
We specifically discuss:
Buying Mattresses and Bedding Online
- Can you buy mattresses and bedding online?
- Is now the time to buy mattresses and bedding?
- The online retail experience: quality, timing, delivery, return policy
- Canadian consumer product standards
- Bedding brands
- The process
Spousal Support and Covid-19
- What is spousal support?
- Determining entitlement to spousal support
- Determining quantum of spousal support
- Factors impacting the quantum of spousal support
- Has Covid-19 changed the determination of quantum?
- How are the courts reacting to Covid-19?
- Court backlogs
- Negotiations and mediation
- Best advice for obtaining and varying support
The Natural Treatment of IBS
- What is IBS?
- What are the risk factors for IBS?
- The “Fodmap” diet
- The brain/gut connection
- Stress and anxiety
- Foods to avoid
- Probiotics and Fiber
- Supplements: peppermint, melatonin
- Salt and pepper
- Purchasing and storing spices
- Spice recommendations
- Peppercorns, bay leaves, cinnamon, granulated garlic, cumin, paprika, turmeric, sumac, oregano, chili powder, flaked onion and garlic, fennel seed, mustard seed
- Herb blends: zaatar
For more information about show sponsor Ultramatic and Adarsh Shah go here.
To learn more about Daniel Dominitz go here
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen, go here